Probiotics are a type of beneficial bacteria found in a variety of fermented foods and supplements.
They are best-known for their ability to enhance the health of the gut microbiome, which is involved in everything from boosting nutrient absorption to regulating mental health and immune function.
However, they also offer a range of benefits specifically for women. For example, some probiotics may help balance the vaginal microbiome to protect against infections like bacterial vaginosis.
While you can increase your intake of probiotics by enjoying a balanced diet that’s rich in fermented foods, taking a supplement can be an easy and effective way to reap the many benefits that probiotics have to offer.
Still, with so many options available, figuring out exactly which probiotic supplements are right for you can be tricky.
10. OLLY Probiotic + Prebiotic Gummy, Digestive Support and Gut Health, 500 Million CFUs, Fiber, Adult Chewable Supplement for Men and Women, Peach, 30 Day Supply – 30 Count
Proprietary technology is utilized during the production of this full spectrum probiotic. This therefore ensures the production of an acid stable matrix whose beneficial bacteria can withstand stomach acidity. In addition, it contains 500 million CFU of Bacillus Coagulans work with your body’s natural bacteria to support a healthy digestive tract and immune system.
These probiotic prebiotic gummies come in naturally flavored Peachy Peach with no artificial colors or flavors and are gluten free. In addition, each bottle contains 30 gummies for 30 days.
9. Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Probiotics Mood+ Acidophilus Probiotic Supplement – Promotes Emotional Well-Being, Relaxation and Digestive Balance – Ashwagandha for Stress Management, 60 Veggie Caps
Improve digestion and experience total body detoxification with this organic cold pressed extract. Cold press extraction maintains the living probiotics in this supplement. As well, it balances probiotics in the gastrointestinal tract, increases metabolism, increases alkalinity, improves blood circulation and boosts the immune system among other amazing benefits.
The quality probiotics for women also contributes to weight loss being a better alternative to fermented and brewed liquid teas.
8. Probiotic Super Fresh Vagina Yogurt, (Natural Odor Control) by Vagi-Pal
A well balanced vaginal flora ensures proper moisture levels in the vagina, fights irritation, reduces itch, sooths dryness, and eliminates foul vaginal odors. This is what you will get when you use this super fresh vagina probiotics yoghurt. In addition, the product contains Lactobacillus acidophilus, a good bacteria that combats bad bacteria.
Moreover, the cream is concentrated yet gentle. It also glides and goes on very easily. This vaginal cream is therefore highly recommended to leave you feeling refreshed always.
7. Nature’s Bounty Probiotic 10, Ultra Strength Daily Probiotic Supplement, Support for Digestive, Immune and Upper Respiratory Health, 1 Pack, 30 Capsules
These powerful probiotic capsules contain 20 billion live bacteria cultures, aiding your body’s natural digestive process. In addition, the probiotic is acid resistant to withstand stomach acidity.
Moreover, it is produced in a GMP certified and FDA approved facility under stringent quality standards thus safety is assured. It promotes healthy digestion and provides excellent detoxification.
6. Nature’s Bounty Probiotics Dietary Supplement, Supports Digestive and Intestinal Health, Probiotic Acidophilus, 100 Count (Pack of 2)
This oral probiotic formula focusses solely on the health of your throat. It contains two bottles of 100 tablets of Nature’s Bounty Acidophilus Probiotic dietary supplement. This supplement provides friendly bacteria for the digestive system.
It therefore supports your immune system against sore throats, strep throat and upper respiratory problems. Moreover, the product is safe containing no wheat, soy, gluten, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, or fish.
5. AZO Complete Feminine Balance Daily Probiotics for Women, Clinically Proven to Help Protect Vaginal Health, Helps balance pH and yeast, 30 Count
AZO is the result of many years of experience and research in the use of beneficial bacteria for human needs. This probiotic is therefore a scientific formulation of friendly microorganisms including Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus acidophilus.
It is also dairy free. Each of the 30 capsules therefore contains the highest concentration of friendly microorganisms for effective and excellent results.
4. NOW Supplements, Women’s Probiotic, 20 Billion, Specially Formulated using Three Clinically Tested Probiotic Strains, 50 Veg Capsules
This organic probiotic for women is scientifically formulated with each capsule containing 20 billion CFUs and L. rhamnosus HN001 and L. It is therefore effective against candida alibicans and other yeast infections such as dandruff.
In addition, the product does not contain gluten, soy, dairy, binders, fillers, anti-caking agents or additives making it safe to use. Moreover, special packaging using ultraviolet glass bottles protect the probiotics against UV light and increases their shelf life.
3. Ascendant Nutrition 30 Billion Probiotic for Women and Men – Multi-Strain Spore (Bacillus)
It contains spore as well as non-spore forming bacteria for added digestive as well as immune system benefits with 30 billion CFUs. This makes this probiotic superior to most of the probiotics in the market that only contain non-spore forming bacteria.
The spore forming bacteria in this product requires no refrigeration and can withstand adverse environmental conditions. Moreover, this probiotic is non-GMO.
2. Align Women’s Dual Action Probiotic, Probiotics Help Soothe Occasional Abdominal Discomfort, Gas, Bloating, and Balance Feminine Health, Chaste Tree Botanical Helps Stabilize Monthly Mood, 28 Capsules
Align Women’s Dual Action Probiotic is uniquely formulated to benefit the digestive and the immune systems for optimal body health. It balances gut flora, boosts the levels of beneficial microorganisms, promotes healthy digestion and supports immune function.
The quality probiotic for women and men is also unflavored and unsweetened. In addition, the powder easily mixes with food or drink and no refrigeration is required. Moreover, it contains prebiotic fiber that increases the effectiveness of probiotic strains.
1. Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Probiotics for Women & Prebiotics, 50 Billion CFU for Women’s Daily Digestive Vaginal & Immune Health, 16 Probiotic Strains Shelf Stable No Gluten Dairy Soy, 30 Capsules
This probiotic contains 50 billion CFUs with 16 strains providing digestive, immune as well as mental support. Bifidobacterium Longum and Bifidobacterium Infantis in this quality probiotic for women help with anxiety relief and mood support.
Each bottle contains 30 capsules to last through 1 month. The formulation also includes prebiotic that nourishes good bacteria in the gut. Moreover, no refrigeration is required hence an ideal probiotic if you will be travelling.
Get some of these top 10 best Probiotics for women in 2022 reviews and enjoy improved digestion and immune function for a healthy body. We have highlighted the main features and the benefits you will get from these probiotics.
As well, the probiotics we included here are safe to use without any side effects. You can therefore order confident that you will only get the best probiotic for women that will transform your health.
How to choose a probiotic
There are a few key factors to keep in mind when shopping for a probiotic supplement:
- Intended use. Probiotics are designed to address many health concerns. For example, some are specifically formulated to support digestive health, immune function, or reproductive health.
- CFU count. The number of colony-forming units (CFU) in a probiotic supplement refers to the amount of live bacteria it contains. Most supplements provide 1–10 billion CFU per serving, though this can vary.
- Storage needs. Most probiotics are shelf-stable and can be stored at room temperature, while others require refrigeration because they are more sensitive to heat and moisture.
- Third-party testing. Selecting a probiotic that has been tested by an independent lab or certified by a third-party organization can help verify its safety, quality, and strength.
- Dietary restrictions. Some products may be certified gluten-free or vegan, which is a key consideration for those with strict dietary needs.
Remember that no two microbiomes are the same and probiotics may affect people differently. For this reason, it could take some trial and error to find a supplement that works for you.
A healthcare professional can offer personalized recommendations based on your needs to help you find a product that’s right for you.
How we chose
The probiotic supplements featured in this article were selected based on the following criteria:
- Probiotic strains. We included products that contain probiotic strains that can be beneficial specifically for women.
- Ingredient quality. All products are made with high quality ingredients and are free from fillers, preservatives, and artificial ingredients.
- Third-party testing. Many of the products included are tested by an independent lab to verify safety, purity, and potency.
- Vetting. Each product and brand has been vetted to ensure that it meets Healthline’s medical and business standards.