If you have a small kitchen and don’t have the room to install a built-in dishwasher, you may think you have no other choice but to wash dishes by hand. And since nothing makes a kitchen look messier then a pile of dirty dishes in the sink, keeping up with it all turns into a never ending task, not to mention all the water and energy hand washing dishes consumes. But even if you have limited space, a countertop dishwasher can be a time- and energy-saving solution worth considering.
These mini machines sit on the countertop next to your kitchen sink and hook up to the faucet, though some have built-in water tanks to conveniently free up your faucet while the dishwasher is running. Most hold up to six place-settings of dishes and glassware — and like their full-size counterparts— offer multiple cleaning cycles and heating elements along with helpful features, like fold-down cup shelves, flatware holders, touch controls, detergent dispensers, pull-out racks, and more.
In the reviews below, we present the top 10 best countertop dishwashers in 2022. Take a look and order the best deal!
10. COMFEE’ Portable Dishwasher Countertop, Mini Dishwasher with 5L Built-in Water Tank, No Hookup Needed, 6 Programs, 360° Dual Spray, 192℉ High-Temp& Air-Dry Function, Dishwasher for Apartments& RVs
This compact dishwasher is an excellent appliance for your small kitchen. It does not take a lot of space on your kitchen counter and does an excellent job. Choose from 6 wash cycles and there are 6 place settings. It is also compatible with most kitchen faucets. The noise level is also comfortable to allow you to focus on other activities while the dishes are being washed. The unit is also easy to set up and operating is easy because of the presence of the user friendly controls.
9. Countertop Dishwasher, 5 Washing Programs Portable Dishwasher With 5-Liter Built-in Water Tank For Glass Door
Offering full-size power in a compact design, this countertop dishwasher is perfect for office kitchens, apartments and other small-sized kitchens. You have 6 washing cycles to choose from including Normal, Heavy, Eco, Speed, Rinse and Glass. In addition, the roomy stainless interior of this countertop dishwasher can hold up to 6 place settings. It is also easy to install the portable unit since no direct plumbing is needed. Moreover, because of automatic rinsing, your dishes will be free of streaks and spots.
8. COMFEE’ Countertop Dishwasher, Portable Dishwasher with 6 Place Settings, Compact Dishwasher with 8 Washing Programs, Speed, Baby-Care, ECO& Glass, Mini Dishwasher for Dorm, RV& Apartment, White
This is a compact countertop dishwasher with a stainless steel interior that lasts long and looks good in your kitchen. It is very quiet hence will not disturb you as you engage in other chores. Also, you can clean efficiently with 6 washing cycles: Heavy, Eco, Normal, Glass, Speed, and Rinse. Moreover, easy to use controls, a push button and a rotary cycle selector make dishwashing even simpler. It also features a preset start function and has 6 place settings.
7. BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Compact Dishwasher
The compact design of this countertop dishwasher ensure it fits in your small kitchen. It is also packed with features that enhance its performance. With the 6 place settings, this unit can accommodate plates as big as 10″. Moreover, you can choose from 7 wash cycles: Intensive, Rapid, Soak, Normal, Eco, Glass, and 90 Minutes. It also features a Delayed Start Option, a Child Lock and LED display.
6. Countertop Dishwasher, 5 Washing Programs Portable Dishwasher With 5-Liter Built-in Water Tank And Inlet Hose & Drain Hose
This countertop dishwasher performs as good as any large dishwasher but does not take all the space in your kitchen. With 4 place settings and 680 watts, combined with 5 wash cycle programs, you have plenty of options when it comes to dishwashing. Also, it is made from stainless steel interior hence lasts long and also comes with a Rinse Aid and a Detergent dispenser. As well, an Antiflood mechanism is included. Moreover, there is a separate rack for cups and a basket for cutlery.
5. COMFEE’ Countertop Dishwasher, Portable Dishwasher with 5L Built-in Water Tank, No Hookup Needed, 6 Programs, 360° Dual Spray, 192℉ Steam& Air-Dry Function, Mini Dishwasher for Apartments& RVs, White
This is another compact dishwasher that is perfect for office kitchens, apartments and other areas where space is limited. It measures dimension is 16.5 x 17.1 x 17.1 inches and its energy consumption is not high. As a matter of fact, this is an Energy Star Certified appliance whose yearly electricity consumption is estimated at only 203 kWh. per year. You can also choose from 6 wash cycles namely normal, heavy, light, rinse, speed and miniparty. A faucet adapter is also included.
4. RCA RDW3208 Counter Top Dishwasher, 6 Place Settings, Portable, White
You can also buy this model from RCA that offers all the features of a large dishwasher but is compact enough to fit in your small kitchen. It is easy to use with the user friendly controls in place and you are assured of heavy duty performance. The interior of the dishwasher is made from high quality stainless steel components while the spray arm is very powerful. Also, you can select from 6 wash cycles: normal, intensive, Eco, 90 minutes, glass and rapid. Moreover, the dishwasher alerts you when the dishes are done through the LED display.
3. Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA Compact Portable Countertop Dishwasher with 6 Place Settings and Silverware Basket, LED Display, Energy Star, White
This is yet another excellent countertop dishwasher from Farberware. It is also made from stainless steel interior components and includes a durable rack, a cup shelf and a silverware basket. Loading is therefore very easy. As well, you can choose from six wash cycles normal, Eco, heavy, speed, rinse and glass for a thorough cleaning job. Moreover, there is adequate space for 6 place settings and it is not noisy. It is also easy to set up and use and the LED display alerts you once your dishes are cleaned. Moreover, it is equipped with a Delay start option you can set by 2, 4 or 8 hours and operates quietly.
2. Portable Countertop Dishwashers, NOVETE Compact Dishwashers with 5 L Built-in Water Tank & Inlet Hose, 5 Washing Programs, Baby Care, Air-Dry Function and LED Light for Small Apartments, Dorms and RVs
This NOVETE Compact Dishwasher can accommodate up to 5 place settings on the countertop. It also fits under most cabinetry well due to its compact design. It is very easy to set up and operate. You can choose from 7 wash cycles and comes with a cup shelf and a cutlery basket to help you organize your dishes with ease. In addition, it has an inbuilt rise agent dispenser and it is fitted with an internal water heater. Moreover, the interior is made from stainless steel and the unit’s noise level is 52.3 dB.
1. Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Complete Portable Countertop Dishwasher with 5-Liter Built-in Water Tank, 5 Programs, Baby Care, Glass & Fruit Wash-Black/White
Our top pick is this portable Farberware FDW05ASBWHA complete portable countertop dishwasher. It has 5 program settings and comes with a silverware basket. The interior of the unit is made of durable stainless steel. Besides, this is an energy star certified appliance hence will not consume a lot of your power. Also, the package includes a cup rack, a detergent dispenser, drain pipe connector a filter and a rinse aid. As well, the unit is simple to operate with the user friendly controls and set up is also easy.
Hope you identified a countertop dishwasher that will transform your kitchen experience. We presented 10 options and highlighted the main features of each unit. From our research that also considered the customer feedback on each of these units, we are confident in any of these top 10 best countertop dishwashers. Order one today and enjoy the convenience that comes with having a dishwasher in your kitchen.
How do countertop dishwashers work?
Just like portable washing machines, countertop dishwashers fill from a nearby faucet and drain into the sink. And just like with a full-size dishwasher the temperature of the water going in needs to be at least 120ºF to get good cleaning results. Most of these mini models have heaters to boost the temperature of the water for even better cleaning, rinsing, and drying performance and use about three gallons of water per cycle. Check the faucet connections included with any model to be sure you have the necessary parts to attach it to your faucet. Keep in mind they don’t attach to faucets with pull-out sprayers.
Countertop dishwashers range in width from about 16 to 22 inches wide and 17 to almost 20 inches high, so be sure to take measurements before you buy so you know the model you’ve chosen will fit in the space between your countertop and upper cabinets. And capacities are small, so an oversized platter or a large pot likely won’t fit inside. But most reviewers give them high praise for being real work and time savers.
All models have filters that require cleaning and some recommend a regular vinegar rinse to remove deposits and mineral build-up. While you shouldn’t have to pre-rinse your dishes, it is a good idea to scrape or wipe off excess food before loading. And when it comes to choosing which detergent to use, packets, tablets, powders and gels are all fine in the countertop models. And while virtually all the machines have detergent and rinse aid dispensers that look and work like the usual ones, most brands caution against using packets or tablets for the short cycles as they may not fully dissolve.
What should I look for in a countertop dishwasher?
Here are some key points to keep in mind when buying a countertop dishwasher:
• Overall size: While how much counter space you’ll be giving up is an important consideration, a model’s height is even more important. You can usually squeeze in space on the sides for a wide unit, but a tall one that won’t fit between your countertop and upper cabinets means it won’t work for you.
• Capacity: While most countertop dishwashers claim to hold up to six place settings, the dinner plates they can accommodate can vary from 10 to 12 inches. Make sure any model you are considering can handle the plates you use most often.
• Energy efficiency: All countertop dishwashers carry yellow Energy Guide labels, so you’ll be able to compare approximately how much they will cost you per year to run. But only some are actually Energy Star certified meaning that they are the most efficient models. We think it’s worth looking for Energy Star certification.
• Controls and cycles: Here you have some choice. Sleek electronic controls will generally cost more than push buttons but are easier to clean. LED lights and displays can alert you to the time is left on the cycle, what cycle you’ve chosen, and when the rinse aid dispenser needs refilling. We think controls with words are easier to use than those with icons and extra cycles and options, like speed wash and delay start, give you capabilities similar to what full-size models offer, but are only worth considering if you’ll actually use them.
Very good site, thank you very much for your effort in writing this post.
Cool site. Cheers for sharing.
Very good site, thank you very much for your effort in writing this post.
Nice article. It got informed decision from your article so I’m confident that I’ll never buy the wrong product.