If you have had the fortune to get out into nature and partake in camping for more than just a single evening, you will be aware that the natural world can often be unforgiving. However, it can be easily tamed with the right set of tools. While there are many functional pieces of gear to consider, one of the first and most important on your list should be a knife. There are many different kinds of knife such as dive knife, hunting knife, spring assisted knife, but the necessary one for your camping in nature is a bushcraft knife.
Bushcrafting is described as a skill or an individual’s capacity to live in the jungle, typically intentionally. The knife must not be a hefty, and awkward instrument, but instead an efficient, all-purpose tool that does all they’d have to endure effectively.
It needs to have the ability to prep soil, build a shelter, cut through thick foliage, create traps for small sport, and work as a weapon in crises.
With the wide variety of these knives in different price in the market, picking the best one that will perfectly meet your various demands can be a daunting task. In order to insist you, we have composed reviews of the top 10 best bushcraft knives under 100 in 2021. Check them out and buy the one you like the most.
10. Condor Tool & Knife, Moonshiner, 9in Blade, Wood Handle with Sheath
It is constructed of 1075 premium carbon steel which is heat treated as well as annealed to 50 to 55 Rockwell C scale for maximum strength, durability and performance. As well, it has a hardwood handle which is finished with a comfortable and smooth grip which is sturdy and long lasting. Furthermore, it has hand-made welted leather sheath for a comfortable grip and maximum strength and longevity.
• Crafted with 9-inch 1075 high carbon steel blade
• Equipped with a hardwood handle that is sturdy and durable
• Comes with a hand-made welted leather sheath
9. Victorinox 4.2262 Outdoor Master Mic Small with Pouch Full Tang Knife for Optimal Blade Strength in Blue/Black 6.1 inches
The blade is crafted of stainless steel which is encased in famous scale that provide a slimmer profile and is highly resistant. It also has overall dimensions of 0.8-inch height, 6.1-inch length and weighs 3.8 ounce hence perfectly fits all tasks. As well, it has a handle that has Micarta scales for a firm and comfortable grip and complete tang, drop-point blade that has Scandi grind. In addition, it has a compact design hence very simple to carry to whenever you want.
• Comes with a 6.1-inch stainless steel complete-tang drop-point blade
• The lightweight and compact design make it very convenient
• Fit for various tasks hence a survival tool
• Equipped with a strong handle with Kydex sheath and Micarta scales
8. Tops Knives Black Mini Scandi
This high quality bushcraft knife under 100 dollars has a 6.125-inch 1095 premium carbon steel blade that has thumb ridge for maximum strength and durability. It also has a finger-grooved black linen Micarta handle with lanyard hole for a firm and comfortable grip. As well, it has a black molded Kydex sheath that has a stainless steel beaded ballchain for easy and convenient carrying and transport. Additionally, it has a black TOPS survival whistle for use during emergencies.
• Equipped with a long 1095 high carbon steel blade
• Comes with a strong handle with Micarta scales and lanyard hole
• Includes a black TOPS survival whistle
7. Ontario Knife Company 8667 Rat-5, Plain Edge with Black Nylon Sheath
It is built to be durable and versatile with 1095 carbon steel, MOLLE compatible sheathes and tough Micarta handles. It is also suitable for each day carry, or even for on the down range, camp ground or work site. As well, it is plain edged with a fixed blade for optimum stability, strength, durability and performance for several years to come. Furthermore, it has a 5-inch blade thus ideal for all tasks and crafted in the United States of America.
• Designed with 5-inch 1095 carbon steel blade which is plain edged and fixed
• Micarta handle with nylon and Kydex sheath makes the knife very comfortable to handle
• Made in the United States of America from the finest components
6. Tops TPSHLBUSHBRN Bushcraft Sheath Brown Leather Multi
The knife features a brown leather construction for maximum stability, strength, longevity and performance. It also has in-built Ferro rod attachment point and perfectly fit all BOB fixed blade. As well, it comes with a survival whistle and fire starter for use in case of an emergency. Besides, it is very simple to use and has a lightweight and compact design for easy carrying around.
• Fits Brothers of Bush craft fixed blade
• Includes survival whistle and fire starter
• Brown leather construction increases durability
5. Ka-Bar Becker Knife with Drop Point, Short
This is amongst the best bushcraft knives under 100 in these reviews due to a number of reasons. It is crafted with a solid one-piece design for optimum strength, longevity and performance. As well, the blade’s upper edge has a handy ridged thumb serration area to help control during pressure cutting. It also has been flat grounded to maintain sturdy edge retention and offers simple sharpening while in the field. Additionally, it is modestly sized hence ideal for pack or belt carry.
• Modestly sized for belt and pack carry
• Ridged thumb serration for easy control
• Flat grounded for strong edge retention
4. Condor Tool & Knife, Hudson Bay Camp Knife, 8in Blade, Walnut Handle with Sheath
It has an overall length of 14.25 inches with a blade length of 8.5 inches which is crafted of 1075 premium carbon steel for maximum stability, strength, durability and performance. As well, it has a hardwood handle with 100-percent leather sheath which offers a firm and comfortable grip. It is also made of high quality materials for maximum strength and durability. In addition, it has condor classic blade finish and made of synthetic materials.
• Equipped with 8.5-inch 1075 high carbon steel blade with condor classic finish
• Comes with a hardwood handle with 100% leather sheath
• Measures 14.25 inches in length thus ideal for numerous tasks
3. Kershaw Camp 10 (1077), Fixed Blade Camp Knife, 10-inch 65Mn Carbon Tool Steel
This high quality bushcraft knife under 100 has a 10-inch blade which is crafted of 65Mn carbon steel with black powdercoat finish. This ensures easier blade maintenance and added toughness. As well, it is specifically designed for hard use application like removing tough vines, stripping bark, small tree removal, and clearing brush. It also has a complete tang handle with non-slip rubber overmold for a secure contoured grip, back lanyard holes and in-built hand guard. Furthermore, it has molded sheath which protects it during storage.
• Equipped with 10-inch 65Mn carbon steel blade
• Great for all hard use applications
• Comes with full tang handle with molded sheath
2. Ka Bar BK2FDE BK2 Becker Campanion FDE Handle Hard Black Sheath
It is a complete tang heavy-duty field knife which is suited for all camping chores such as skinning game, removing tough vines, stripping bark, small tree removal and more. As well, it has a 5.25-inch non-reflective black coated blade for easier blade maintenance and added toughness. It also has a strong handle with glass-filled nylon sheath for a comfortable grip. Besides, it has an overall length of 10.5 inches to suit your various demands.
• Equipped with a 5.25-inch 1095 Cro-Van steel blade
• Suitable for various camping chores
• The knife measures 10.5 inches overall length
1. Morakniv Bushcraft Knife
It features a fixed-blade knife that has a razor sharp 0.125-inch thick carbon steel blade that has tungsten DLC anti-corrosive black coating. It also has a blade length of 4.3-inches, overall length of 9.1-inches and weighs 162 grams. As well, it has an ergonomic handle that has high-friction rubber grip for a firm and comfortable grip. Moreover, it has a black plastic sheath that has a belt loop to keep it securely at your side.
• Equipped with 4.3-inches carbon steel blade
• It has overall length of 9.1 inches and weighs 5.7 ounce
• Comes with ergonomic handle with black plastic sheath
Based on the reviews above, Morakniv Bushcraft Knife stands out in the first of our top 10 list. Still, it does not mean that the others are bad because those knives are crafted from high-quality materials for maximum stability, strength, durability, and performance. They are also designed to suit various applications such as a skinning game, removing tough vines, stripping bark, small tree removal, and more. Additionally, they are effortless to use, sharpen, store and carry. You can therefore place your order confident that you are making the right choice.